indirect heater is designed to enhance separation and data quality by lowering the viscosity of oil and breaking down emulsions prior to processing. The indirect heater consists of flow coils upstream and downstream of an adjustable choke contained within an atmospheric, water-filled vessel. The water is heated by a diesel or gas-fired burner, which in turn heats the well effluent as it passes through the coils. The large surface area of the coils provides the means for heat transfer,which can be required due to hydrate formation in gas or high-GOR fluid. In gas wells , hydrates can form as a result of pressure and temperature drop across the choke . The flow can be routed through the bypass line on the choke manifold and the well can be choked at the indirect heater where the temperature has been raised prior to the effluent passing through the choke .Features, Advantages and Benefits .
- Low temperature to -40°C.
- LSH/LSL nozzles / alarms for EPF purposes.
- Various liquid flow meter types & brands.
- Various valves and component brands.
- Various adders on request ( CV, instruments, etc.).
- Additional 2'' or 3'' gas measuring line.
- DNV 2.7.3 or 2.7.1 certified skid.
- ASME U-stamp
Process and Design
- API12J / ASME VIII div.1 / ANSI B31-3.
NACE MR01-75 for sour gas.
- Design temperature.......: -29°C to 100°C.